News from 2017
Now in their 15th year, the Springboard Awards for Excellence will take place on 16th November 2017 at Novotel London West.
The Springboard Awards for Excellence celebrate and reward the inspiring individuals, organisations and initiatives that have successfully raised the profile of the hospitality industry. They are free to enter and are open for entries until Friday 8th September 2017.
Anne Pierce, Springboard’s CEO, said: “Our Awards celebrate outstanding activity across three broad categories - promoting careers, attracting talent and developing people, and best employment practices. Each award has been designed to encourage innovation and best practice to improve perceptions; develop links with education; tackle skills shortages; improve career progression, retention, and diversity; and reward community engagement.”
“Being short-listed or winning an award is hugely prestigious, motivational and morale-boosting, as well providing great profile and PR opportunities. You have to be in it to win it however, so get your entries prepared and submitted before the deadline of 8th September. We wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing you at the glittering Awards ceremony at Novotel London West on 16th November.”
All winners will be announced at the spectacular awards evening on 16th November 2016 at the spectacular Novotel London West. Last year’s winners included: QHotels, Harrison Catering Services, Inspired Youth and Lexington Catering.
Lisa Redding, Group Resourcing & Talent Manager for QHotels, said: “We were absolutely thrilled to be recognised not once but three times at the 2016 Springboard Excellence Awards, testament to the emphasis we place on hiring, engaging and retaining our people. In an ever challenging recruitment market the need to be innovative with recruitment campaigns, forge sustainable relationships with schools/colleges/Universities and have visibility to young people through social media is more important than ever. We absolutely value the important part Springboard plays in supporting our industry - winning these awards really recognised the efforts of our team and we hope we can replicate this success again this year!”
2017 Award Categories
Category 1 - Promoting Careers
- Ambassadors Award
- Individual Ambassador – sponsored by Bestway
- Group Ambassadors – sponsored by Bestway
- Best Regional Initiative – sponsored by Conviviality
- The Education & Industry Partnership Award – sponsored by Serviceline
Category 2 - Attracting & Developing People
- Best Work Experience Provider – sponsored by James Hallam
- Best Use of Digital Media to Attract Talent – sponsored by drp
- Best Recruitment Initiative – sponsored by Caterer.com
- The Young People Award – sponsored by American Express
- Best Chef Development Strategy – sponsored by Handpicked Hotels
- Best Housekeeping Team Initiative Award – sponsored by Bonasystems
- Best Management Strategy – sponsored by Talent Hive
- The Wine Award – sponsored by WineEd
Category 3 - Best Employment Practice
- The Best Apprenticeship Strategy – sponsored by HIT Training
- Best Career Progression – sponsored by COREcruitment
- The Retention Award – CH&Co Group
- The Community Engagement Award – Diageo
- Best Employer Award – Learning Curve Group
Category 4 - Special Awards
- The Chris Beaumont Special Award – sponsored by Bidfood
- The Fiona Colley Award
The hash tag for the night will be #SBAwards and @SBUK_Events will be tweeting from the event.