Task: Trek for five days in the stunning Mahalangur mountains in sight of Everest. This will be followed by a three day community project to help rectify the devastating earthquake damage at the Manju Shree School.
Fundraising Target: £135,000 in total.
The Nepal Trek is the perfect challenge for any adventurer. We have teamed up with World Expeditions to put together a bespoke ‘off the beaten track’ experience which includes five days of trekking in the spectacular Mahalangur mountains and three days of rolling your sleeves up and working with the local community school to help rectify some of the damage caused by the destructive earthquake the region experienced in 2015.
Once your place has been confirmed, our tour operator World Expeditions will provide you with all the crucial information needed to prepare for your trek. Springboard will also be on hand to support you with fundraising. Once you register, Springboard will be in regular contact with you and we encourage trekkers to attend our ‘trekker socials’ that take place in London on a regular basis starting in September. These provide the opportunity for trekkers to get to know their fellow companions and support each other with fundraising ideas or group planned fundraising challenges. Last year’s ‘Calendar Girls’ fundraiser was born out of such get-togethers.
Itinerary - Thursday 9th March - Tuesday 21st March 2017
- Day 1 - Depart London for your overnight flight to Kathmandu
- Day 2 - Arrival in Kathmandu (1330m)
- Day 3 - Fly from Kathmandu to Phaplu (2364m), and trek to Chiwong Monastery (Approx. 3 hours) - Wilderness Camping
- Day 4 - Trek to the Alpine Meadow Camp (2800m) (approx. 7 hours) - Wilderness Camping
- Day 5 - Ascend Pike Peak (4050m) (Approx. 7‐8 hours) - Wilderness Camping
- Day 6 - Trek to Lura Village (Approx. 3‐4 hours) - Wilderness Camping
- Days 7-9 - Community project work ‐ Manju Shree Primary School - Wilderness Camping
- Day 10 - Trek back to Phaplu (2364m) (Approx. 3 hours)
- Day 11 - Kathmandu by air (1330m)
- Day 12 - Fly back to the UK ‐ arrive back in the UK
Seven Reasons to Sign Up
- Make a lasting difference to the lives of people less fortunate than yourself - both in the UK and Nepal
- Take part in a volunteer project to help rebuild a school and change the lives of young people in Nepal
- Undertake a life changing challenge, experience a different culture and expand your horizons
- Personal growth and development
- Achieve goals of physical and mental endurance
- Cultivate teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and networking skills
- Give something back
- Deposit: £250 at point of registration
- Remaining trek cost: £1,750 - paid in full by 31st October 2016
- Fundraising target: £3,500 by 28th February 2017
- Total: £5,500
Check out some of our previous treks
Discover how we have made a difference around the world.