Another number of incredible companies rewarded for their outstanding success, and vital money raised for the charity – Springboard’s Awards for Excellence 2018 were a smashing success!
It was a wonderful night for absolutely everyone involved – full of delicious food, talented entertainment and an unbeatable atmosphere. Click here to see all the photos from the event.
The Awards exist, not only to promote the excellence within the hospitality industry, but also to raise vital funds for The Springboard Charity. These funds help people from disadvantaged backgrounds get meaningful work within the sector, by taking part in our IntoWork and educational programmes all across the UK.
And with so much talent in this year’s shortlist, it was a challenge to decide on the winners. However, thanks to our fabulous judges, we were finally able to make our decisions – and are proud to announce this year’s winners:
Category One – Promoting Careers
- Individual Ambassador Award – Mark Heirs
- Group Ambassador Award – CH&Co
- Best Regional Initiative Award – Delaware North
- Best Education & Industry Partnership Award – Browns Pie Shop
Category Two – Attracting and Developing People
- Best Work Experience Provider – Elite Hotels
- Best Use of Digital Media to Attract Talent – Umbrella Training
- Best Recruitment Initiative Award – Kew Green Hotels
- Best Young People Attraction and Development Award – Browns Pie Shop
- Best Chef Development Strategy Award – Elior
- Best Housekeeping Team Initiative Award – Borthwick Castle
- Best Management Strategy Award – Georgian House
- Best Wine Strategy Award – The Vineyard
Category Three – Best Employment Practice
- Best Apprenticeship Strategy Award – Mitchells & Butlers
- Best Career Progression Award – Cote Restaurants Ltd
- Best Staff Retention Award – Accor Hotels
- Best Community Engagement Award – Bidfood
- Best Employer Award – Royal Lancaster London
- The Fiona Colley Award – Stacy Smith
- The CEO Award – Derek Mapp
- The Chris Beaumont Special Award – Frank Coughlan
There was also a final special award presented by Springboard Chairman Stephen Moss, to CEO Anne Pierce for her fantastic service to the charity on the approach of her 21 years at the helm which received a standing ovation from all those in attendance.
Thank you to everyone who came to this year’s Springboard Awards for Excellence. Make sure you keep tweeting your amazing photos, using the hashtag - #SpringboardAwards
Huge thanks to our headline sponsors Harri and Bunzl for their continued support, alongside the other sponsors whose logos you can see below.
We’ll see you next year!