Hospitality Works is a month-long campaign – beginning on February 7th – which sees Job Centres across the country team up with Springboard Programme Managers and Ambassadors and employers, to showcase the industry and promote careers.
The campaign is led by the Department of Work & Pensions, and Springboard is once again a key partner, along with BHA, BBPA and ALMR. Last year, Springboard engaged with 400 Job Centre Work Coaches and 4,000 jobseekers – and this year, we want to help even more.
Please remember to take lots of fun pictures of everything you do and promote the campaign from now until March 7th on Twitter, using #JobsWithASmile
There are multiple ways that you and your company can get involved with Hospitality Works
- Organise a taster-day at your premises, enabling jobseekers to experience a day in industry.
- Host talks from Job Centre Work Coaches and Springboard Ambassadors, giving guidance to those looking for work, or give a talk at your local Job Centre.
- Offer up your own leaflets, brochures and other marketing collateral.
Hundreds of Springboard Ambassadors participate every year in Hospitality Works – and here’s how you can get involved this year, working alongside your local Springboard Programme Manager.
- Visit local Job Centres and give talks about working in hospitality, promote your own organisation and the career opportunities available.
- Use the campaign period to promote Hospitality Works at careers fairs and when giving talks at schools and colleges.
We can provide you with a ready-made presentation, logo and more – please ask your local Springboard Programme Manager.